3-Night Sandpiper Walkabout
Guided walking on sections of the Oystercatcher Trail.
You'll carry only your day pack, and stay overnight in the luxury Sandpiper Cape Cottages.
Sandpiper Walkabout: our fully catered, 3 night, 4 day breakaway
- Explore selected sections of the Oystercatcher Trail with our expert guides
- Carry only your day pack - we’ll transport you by road to and from your accommodation before and after each days’ walking.
- Includes an excursion to Seal Island
- Add a Point of Human Origins Tour as an optional extra
Rates: 2019 Sandpiper Walkabout
- Full-catering: R7,095.00 per person sharing (minimum* 4 guests)
- Self-catering: R5,665.00 per person sharing (minimum* 4 guests)
- Rates valid from 10 January 2019 to 10 December 2019
*Please talk to us if your party includes less than 4 people - we can try to have you walk with another group, which'll ensure that the price remains as quoted (and that you'll make new friends!)
- A Seal Island Cruise in Mossel Bay
- Accommodation in guest house luxury
- All meals (with the fully-catered package) - including packed lunches on walking days
You’ll walk carrying just your daypack - but you’ll leave with more than a pack-full of memories!
Optional extras :
- A Point of Human Origins Tour (90 minutes) - with qualified and enthusiastic guides.
- George Airport transfers.
- Drinks will be for your own account.
- Day One: Begin your holiday with a boat trip to Seal Island in Mossel Bay. Then check in at Sandpiper Cottages in Boggomsbaai, and enjoy a traditional South African dinner at Sandpiper Leisure Centre.
- Day Two: Breakfast and transfer by road to the Cape St Blaize Cave. Walk the St Blaize Hiking Trail - a contour path along the cliffs. You may choose to visit the Pinnacle Point Caves for an optional Point of Human Origins Tour along the way (additional cost). At the end of today’s walk, our shuttle will return you to Sandpiper Cottages for dinner and overnight. Today’s walking: 15 km.
- Day Three: After breakfast, walk from Boggomsbaai along the beach and rocky shoreline via Vleesbaai, Fransmanshoek, and Cape Vacca to Kanon. (For the fit and adventurous - there're some huge sand dunes on this route!) Return by road to Boggomsbaai for dinner at the Sandpiper Leisure Centre, and overnight at Sandpiper Cottages. Today’s walking: 21 km.
- Day Four: Breakfast and prize giving at Sandpiper Leisure Centre.