- The OYSTERCATCHER TRAIL is rated as one of the top hiking experiences in the world by the BBC in their book “Unforgettable walks to take before you die”
- GETAWAY magazine rated it as one of the top 5 Hiking Trails in South Africa.
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC considers it as "One of the top 50 tours of a lifetime" in 2007 and 2008.
- THE STAR TRAVEL considers it an "'Unforgettable experience not to be missed".
- LONDON DAILY TELEGRAPH refers to it as “The Freshest Air that you can breathe”
- BBC CHANNEL 4 and Discovery channel screened a documentary as part of a documentary series entitled South Africa Walks
- PASELLA, SA TV Program did a quality feature of the hike.
The OYSTERCATCHER TRAIL is a slack packing trail and now has 3 versions of which all are professionally guided. The Gold and Silver versions are fully catered. The Green version is self catering. In all 3 you only have to carry a day pack.
With the Gold and Silver versions, your luggage is shuttled and the meals at night are something never to be forgotten. We cater for many dietary requirements when necessary. Our meals are prepared by our local cooks in the traditional Cape style. With the Green version you only need to carry the necessary clothing as there are washing facilities available at the overnight stops.
On these 4 day hikes we focus on total nature but especially on the habits and plight of the endangered AFRICAN BLACK OYSTERCATCHER, You will however enjoy a total ecological encounter with marine species, wonderful beaches, dynamic dunes, rare plants and a wide variety of birds and mammals and marine animals. A truly eye-opening educational experience.
Let us remind you again, the 3 options available are: Gold Star (4 days 4 nights), Silver Star (3 days 4 nights) - both fully catered, and the Green Star (also 3 days 4 nights).
>> CURRENCY CONVERTER - Click here
DAY 1 (Day of Arrival)
We meet you after you have settled in at your overnight accommodation at 18h00 and discuss the program with you in some detail. Dinner afterwards at one of the top restaurants in Mossel Bay for Gold and Silver option. Green option make their own dinner arrangements.
DAY 2 (15 km`s)
After breakfast with guide(s) Depart from St Blaize cave and hike high above stunning coast line. Trail crosses Pinnacle Point Golf Estate. past spectacular ancient caves with great archeological significance. Arrive Dana Bay late afternoon and get transported to Sandpiper Cottages in Boggomsbaai (Gold) or at a guest house Dana Bay depending on the option chosen.
Traditional fireside dinner or braai facilities at all venues.